Senior Revenue Analyst - Forecasting
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after four acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. For 2020 ExtremeCloud IQ was named CRN's 2020 Networking Product of the Year!
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Senior Revenue Analyst
The primary responsibilities of this role include ensuring proper revenue recognition, analysis, recommend process improvements, ensure transparent, accurate and consistent reporting. This role will also be instrumental in designing new processes and supporting change management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read and interpret complex customer contracts and identify key terms and issues to provide appropriate accounting treatment from a dual reporting perspective and propose solutions within the Company’s revenue recognition policies and related accounting literature
- Document revenue recognition positions in technical white papers
- Work closely with the business to provide support, guidance, and ensure that proper technical guidance is followed during the contract negotiation process
- Review contracts, sales orders and purchase orders to assess proper revenue recognition treatment
- Assist in performing relative selling price analysis for multiple element arrangements, coordinating with multiple departments in the organization to analyze pricing for product/service offerings
- Work closely with the external auditors and provide timely responses to any audit requests
- Develop and provide monthly reports and analysis to upper management to support the revenue recognition assessment process
- Support ongoing SEC reporting requirements as necessary
- Assist in evaluating and enhancing internal controls necessary to ensure that revenue forecasts, deferred revenue balances, and revenue accounting execution are compliant with Company policy and GAAP
- Stay current on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC), incorporating into current Company policy as necessary.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Education, Professional Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP revenue recognition principles and ability to apply
- (specifically ASC 606, 840, and 842)
- SOX internal controls (completion of testing) experience
- Self-starter and with a proactive approach to problem solving, attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects in a time sensitive manner
- 3-5 years public accounting or corporate accounting experience
- SEC experience a plus
- Desire to work in an extremely fast paced environment and partner with all levels of the organization
Computer Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with RevPro and Oracle ERP/OBIEE a plus
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) within a fast-paced environment
LOCATION: Position is based at our south San Jose, CA headquarters and not budgeted for relocation. Qualified local candidates (and those planning to move to the area) are encouraged to apply.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.