Principal Backend Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Principal Backend Engineer, Extreme Cloud IQ ( XIQ )
San Jose, California
Extreme Networks is searching for a Principal backend Engineer to help develop Extreme Cloud IQ (XIQ) Network Management solution.
Extreme Cloud IQ is an industry-leading and visionary approach to cloud managed networking, built from the ground up to take full advantage of Extreme’s end-to-end networking solutions. Using innovative machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies, ExtremeCloud IQ Manages, analyzes and interprets millions of network devices, user data points from the network edge to the data center to power actionable business & IT insights and deliver new levels of network automation and intelligence.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to contribute across the XIQ product stack, ranging from cloud-based microservices to on-premises virtual appliances.
You will be part of an high-performing agile scrum team that designs, implements, and tests new features and functionality Extreme Cloud IQ . Development will include innovative technologies in the fields of NMS Cloud Management, Cluster, Security, Machine Learning. You will take new features from concept to delivery, working closely with team members and cross-functional partners to design and develop high-quality solutions that take into consideration scalability, availability, and performance. You will also actively participate in design and code reviews for the team.
- 6+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Hands on programming experience in Java, REST APIs, Spring FrameworkXML, REST, JSON
- Hands-on programming experience with RabbitMQ, Hibernate, Postgres, Distributed Storage (Elasticsearch etc)
- Hands-on experience working on resilient, scalable distributed systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing enterprise security/networking products
- Experience with cloud architecture and related technologies
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning as it relates to networking
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and distributed computing
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- Tenacious in your approach to problem solving
- Highly productive with minimal supervision
- Eager to learn about and adopt the latest technologies and best practices in your field
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
Position is located at our San Jose, CA office. Qualified local candidates are encouraged to apply.