MGR OF QA ENGINEERING
Manager of QA Engineering
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This is an opportunity to manage test team w.r.t the planning and execution at different phases of the product life-cycle, including but not limited to Regression and Automation test engineering.
- It’s a first line manager position in Test Engineering who has strong technical orientation on IP networking and Data Center Fabric hands-on experience.
- Would need to design and develop automation – needs knowledge of different automation framework, scripts development, script integration, regression management, driving end-to-end aspects of entire release, understanding of entire software development process etc., are required. Exposure to majority of below listed areas are needed:
- Proven record in building and leading highly effective test teams with automation being the first intent.
- Mentor and share skills with other team members.
- Perform and participate in all aspects of verification including requirements gathering, feature and functional testing, unit testing, regression, scale/ performance testing and end to end system testing; and associated automation
- Continuously assist on issues that arise from the field as well as internally found items
- Good exposure to networking technologies such as IPv4/IPv6 Routing, Multicast, MPLS, BGP, L2 protocols (VLAN/Trunking, LACP/Link Aggregation, Ethernet, etc); Dockerization and Virtualization technologies; as well as network packet broker technology.
- Good exposure to 5G domain and analytics, in terms of the MECs from the context of networking solutions
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of test tools and automation frameworks. Python programming experience is highly preferred.
- Should have hands-on experience on Test planning, topology planning, requirement-to-testcase mapping, Test case writing, Defect logging and tracking, with excellent debugging skills.
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies, knowledge of different testing types and overall product life-cycle
- Good communication skills and experience in working with remote teams and stakeholders essential
- Industry experience of 16+ years in datacom/telecom with minimum 3+ years of experience as a test manager and should have managed 8 to 10 employees ; exposure to partner management will be a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, handle customer escalations on demand, technically drive the team in customer issue repro, strong collaboration skills to work with TAC, Development and account teams.