Manufacturing Test Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Manufacturing Test Engineer
Manufacturing test engineering is part of Extreme Networks world-class Global Manufacturing Operation team. We manage production, repair sites, configuration and failure analysis labs in all geographic areas. Our test engineering team is responsible for all test processes carried out across our supply base. In this role you will work with both software and hardware engineering teams, supply chain teams as well as field support customer facing teams. In this truly global role you will interact with very knowledgeable individuals from around the globe. As a test engineer, you will develop expertise in digital design, power circuitry, test automation, ethernet networks, wireless APs, the latest server appliances, etc.
Extreme Networks is seeking an entry level Manufacturing Test Engineer in its Salem office to manage test process introduction and monitoring across ODM/JDM and CM partners. Candidate would be surrounded by a team of experienced test engineers.
- Manage all aspect of manufacturing test process for both new and sustained products. Work with ODM/JDM partners to develop and implement manufacturing test plan.
- NPI (New Product Introduction) support. Interface with design engineers to review schematics, board layout and routing so that production test coverage is maximized. Review, verify, and recommend DFT guidelines for the same. Review and approve test equipment capital requirements.
- Support legacy test infrastructure and test scripts: implement changes to process steps and configuration based to support engineering and component obsolescence changes as well as process improvements.
- Drive manufacturing diagnostics requirements to achieve optimum coverage whilst maximizing capacity. Implement and script system level traffic test using any of Extreme’s Operational Software (EXOS, SLX, VOSS, etc.) using external traffic generator.
- Active involvement with field failure analysis as well as any supplier quality/yield excursion. Coordinate and implement test methods and procedures, analyze results, recommend corrective action, and follow these through to implementation.
- Work with 3rd party vendors CM and ODM, provide training (remote and onsite), and develop capacity plans, ROI justification, test plans and other related documentation.
- Manage implementation of manufacturing and test build data capture and regular transfer to Extreme data warehouse on all assigned products and suppliers.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering.
- The following list are all assets as you will be exposed to each of these subjects at one point or another:
- Design, test or verification of digital circuit designs and/or printed circuit boards and use of CAD tools.
- CPU subsystems based on Intel x86, PowerPC platforms
- Experience with data and control plane designs for high speed (10G and above) switches and routers. Experience with Altera and Xilinx FPGAs
- Knowledge of hardware communication protocols such as PCIe, I2C, SPI, USB
- Knowledge of embedded Linux (BusyBox) and low-level board bring up.
- Debug and troubleshooting skills using schematics, design files, etc.
- Should be efficient at handling and configuring Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes and DMMs, and basic debug hardware.
- Ability to program in scripting languages such as Python. Linux, Docker, Virtual Machines and Servers all good assets as well.
- Have the passion and drive to identify areas of continuous improvement within the process /product and develop strategies for the same.
Language Skills (English)
- Experience in writing technical reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, partners or customer.
- TRAVEL: This job includes travel. Candidate must be able to travel internationally (Asia) quarterly (Post COVID).
LOCATION: Position will be ideally based at our Salem, NH site (45 mins from Boston, MA). Qualified local candidates encouraged to apply. Must be in commutable proximity to be on-site with equipment several days per week.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.