Distribution Partner Account Manager
Distribution Partner Account Manager- Singapore
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The Distribution Partner Account Manager (DPAM) is the ‘quarterback’ for the Distributor (Disti) relationships in the region. The DPAM ensures Distributor activity aligns with the Regional Director’s (RD) objectives and to the Business Plan of the International Distribution Team:
- Drives corporate sales out revenue, including projects, but with deep focus on the longtail of resellers (with emphasis on Cloud and SaaS capability). Also, sell-in focus to ensure inventory metrics are met.
- Manages regional / local Distributor accounts to support growth of Distributors and distribution-managed partner base
- Reports to the International Distribution Director as part of a Global Distribution organization
- Stakeholders / Business Partners include Central DPAM, iDPAM, GEO RDs , Channel Leaders, PAMs, Field Sales, Service Team, aligned SEs, Disti Ops, Order Management Team, Finance, RevRec, Supply Chain and Legal team.
The DPAM owns the C-Level relationship with all Disti entities in region and manages these core responsibilities:
- Builds and executes a set of consistent local plans to maximize and measure regional Disti longtail performance, reflecting central plan where relevant
- Aligns to RD and Channel Leader to realize the longtail potential of the region
- Manages a consistent set of KPIs
- Enables Cloud capability into and through Disti
- Leads contractual and other operational negotiations
- Ensures Disti landscape is fit for purpose and makes recommendations accordingly
- Partners with Distributor and Extreme channel Marketing team to execute strategic marketing programs and activities
- Leads Quarterly Business Reviews with Distributor as well as QMR and QOR.
- Evaluates and enables Disti Partner Program compliance, including competence.
- Participates in setting quarterly Value Incentive Rebate targets and attainment tracking.
- Proactively manages MDF approvals and spend in alignment with the plan.
- Shares best practices and initiatives, covers colleague absences when appropriate and maintains continuity of business plan for own accounts with colleagues
- Leads a virtual support team
Necessary skills will include:
- Degree level education and/or equivalent relevant Distribution management experience
- Local language fluency as well as fluent English
- An optimistic, confident and enthusiastic attitude with a progressive and pragmatic approach to achieving goals
- Self-starter and team player
- An experienced background or strong solution selling skillset in transmitting advanced technology differentiators into channel partner
- Able and willing to travel regularly across the region (some global travel) including some out-of-hours working
- Strong relationship-building, presentation, MS Excel and problem-solving skills
- An influencer and leader
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.