Senior FP&A Financial Analyst - Sales
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The Senior FP&A Financial Analyst will work supporting the Sales organization. Analyzes financial and other business information, interprets and investigates accounting/operational data. The Financial Analyst will partner with others to support modeling and projections required by the organizations in order to achieve its financial and operational goals. This position will report to the Manager of FP&A and will help drive consistency with monthly reporting by collaborating and communicating with business.
- Develop and report accurate and timely financial and business metrics for monthly, quarter and annual reviews
- Prepare revenue and cost of sales forecasts, track against actual performance to deliver insights to senior management
- Provide quarterly reporting on trends in product mix, discounts and margins
- Work with a business intelligence tool (Incorta) and dashboard reporting, as well extensive data reporting through Excel, Pivot Tables and Charts
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly flux analysis: Understand the business reasons for actual to forecast changes. Deliver clear verbal and written explanations
- Assist departments in staying within budget and identifying cost savings and effective use of resources
- Participate in the annual planning process
- Prepare/review month and quarter-end accounting entries and participate in monthly corporate close meetings
- Ability to work independently and as a team member on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Establish strong partnerships across the business and provide analytical support to drive business initiatives and achieve financial targets
- Must demonstrate a superior knowledge of PC’s to include Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong accounting, analytical and process development skills with the ability to provide actionable recommendations
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with multifunctional groups/people and coordinate the completion of tasks.
- Ability to handle unstructured situations and which require original and creative approaches
- Strong problem solving/decision making skill and sound judgment.
- Professional demeanor and ability to manage confidential information.
- Personal integrity and commitment to high moral standards and business ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters in relevant field preferred, but not required.
- Four to six years of financial planning and analysis and/or monthly close experience
- Experience with Oracle, Incorta and Hyperion preferred
LOCATION: Position is remote and can be hybrid if near our Raleigh, NC (RDU) or Salem, NH site, or remote in Southeast or Southwest-US. It is not budgeted for relocation.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.