STAFF SW SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Position : Staff Software Systems Engineer
Experience : 6 to 14 Years
Location : Bangalore
In this role, as an individual contributor - Staff SW Systems Engineer, you will work within the software engineering team to troubleshoot/debug network issues, fix defects, design, develop and unit test software feature enhancements.
Strong technical background in layer 2 and layer 3 forwarding is required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner.
Participate in the design, implementation, testing, maintenance, enhancement, support of software modules for Extreme EFA (Extreme Fabric Automation) platform.
Bring your strong technical skills as an individual contributor to code and unit test in containerized microservices based architecture.
Participate in troubleshooting calls with customers and interact with various teams to address software issues in timely manner.
Analyze the tech support data of Extreme routing/switching products to isolate the software defects
Develop and unit test the defect fixes and work with the release teams to quickly deliver the code updates to customers.
Analyze requirements, design, develop and deliver high quality Software using the latest technologies and innovations in a timely manner.
Understand customer requirements and translate them into engineering requirements. Review and sign off on requirements documents.
Write functional and design specification documents and drive sign-off.
Interface with developers, QA, Documentation & Customer Support teams as needed.
Architect, design, develop, test, or troubleshoot features or functions.
Interact cross functionally on matters that require coordination across organization lines.
Participate in full product life cycle development.
Interface with Support/Customers during escalations and drive issues to completion
Lead the efforts to improve the debuggability of EFA and related Extreme Service Provider products suite.
Work on software bug fixes and map fixes to the software maintenance releases.
Work on design, specification coding, and unit testing of software feature enhancements requests from Extreme customers.
Work with various teams, including release, software development, hardware, and technical publications to provide excellent customer experience in timely manner.
Simulate customer network topology and traffic in the lab to reproduce the customer issues.
- 2+ years of experience in developing containerized microservices based application development on Linux environment.
- 2+ years of experience with Go language programming. Experience with Python programming a plus.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes/kubectl is required.
- Required experience RDBMS (MariaDB, PostgreSQL) and/or NoSQL DB (MongoDB).
- Required experience with traffic generator/packet sniffers.
- Experience with Jira/JIRA/GIT based CI/CD pipeline.
- Hands-on in troubleshooting and root causing issues with docker containerized applications in networking and/or virtualized server deployments.
- Must be willing to work flexible and varying shift times including weekends and evenings.
- 5+ plus years of software development experience in networking industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in debugging issues in Linux KVM based virtualized and containerized application deployment.
- Strong experience in Routing & Switching (TCP/IP, Ethernet, DHCP, VRRP, OSPF, BGP, VLAN , STP, VxLAN, LACP).
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS).
- Experience with REST/Netconf a plus.
- Experience with OpenStack a plus.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required.