Backend Engineer (Java) Cloud - Remote USA
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks is looking for a Backend Software Engineer with solid JAVA skills to help develop Extreme Cloud SD-WAN & SASE solution
Extreme Cloud SD-WAN & SASE is an industry-leading and visionary approach to cloud managed networking, built from the ground up to take full advantage of Extreme’s end-to-end networking, security solutions based on SD-WAN, SASE. Extreme Cloud SD-WAN & SASE lets businesses build secure, high performance hybrid networks that combine Internet and MPLS, while delivering the best possible quality of experience for their cloud applications.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to contribute across the Extreme Cloud SD-WAN & SASE product stack, ranging from cloud-based microservices to on-premises virtual appliances.
- You will be part of a high-performing agile scrum team that designs, implements, and tests new features and functionality for Extreme Cloud SD-WAN & SASE.
- Development will include innovative technologies in the fields of Cloud Management, Cluster, Security, Machine Learning.
- You will take new features from concept to delivery, working closely with team members and cross-functional partners to design and develop high-quality solutions that take into consideration scalability, availability, and performance.
- You will also actively participate in design and code reviews for the team.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- Demonstrated programming skills/experience in Java
- Hands-on experience working on resilient, scalable distributed systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent field.
Skills you can learn working with us:
- Spring and/or Spring Boot
- Micro-Services and Event-drive driven architecture and frameworks
- Defining and implementing REST APIs
- Working with Databases
- Elastic Search , Data Caching Services, Kafka
- CLOUD architecture and related technologies
- Developing enterprise security/networking products
- Cloud architecture and related technologies
- SD-WAN, SASE technologies
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning as it relates to networking
- Service-oriented architecture and distributed computing
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- Tenacious in your approach to problem solving
- Highly productive with minimal supervision
- Eager to learn about and adopt the latest technologies and best practices in your field
LOCATION: Position is REMOTE in the US - We have offices in south San Jose, CA and Raleigh, NC and Salem, NH - you can choose a hybrid approach if you're close to one of our offices to go into an office to collaborate with others. We have a FlexFirst approach to office use to prioritize our employee's need to balance working remotely + opportunity to be in an office as well.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.