SEC REPORTING MANAGER
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. For 2020 ExtremeCloud IQ was named CRN's 2020 Networking Product of the Year!
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Manager of External Reporting and Policy
You will report directly to the Director of Accounting and have visibility with our Executive Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the SEC reporting including 10-K/Q filings, overseeing technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards. In addition, you will oversee the implementation, maintenance and review of world-wide accounting policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced technical professional who is able to interact effectively at all levels in the organization and have successful working relationships with multiple cross functional teams, including but not limited to: Accounting, Legal, FP&A and Operations. We are also looking for someone who thrives and enjoys working in a fast-paced, complex environment to support our continued growth and success.
- Lead the preparation of SEC filings (Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-8, registration statements, XBRL tagging, etc. and assist with the Proxy). Supervision/coordination of information gathering activities to ensure required schedules are obtained from other departments and diligence reviews to ensure the accuracy / integrity of information.
- Preparation of financial statements to be filed with SEC, including preparation of statement of cash flows.
- Coordinate review of the SEC filings with external auditors, inside and outside legal counsel and disclosure committee. Prepare timelines and meeting materials and distribute draft filings.
- Preparation of technical accounting memos for management conclusions and audit purposes.
- Monitor the effects and assessing/communicating the effects of assigned proposed accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations and supervise drafting and/or draft disclosures in the Form 10-Q/10-K in connection with these new regulations.
- Proactively identify, research, consult and draft technical memorandums on significant proposed and or completed transactions and complex issues.
- Oversee equity accounting and reporting including calculations for weighted average shares outstanding, diluted shares, EPS and stock-based compensation expense.
- Oversee lease accounting and lease account reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree, in Accounting or Finance, CPA required
- 5+ years of accounting experience (SEC Reporting experience with a large, public multinational corporation and at least 3 - 5 years’ experience in public accounting),
- In-depth knowledge and experience with US GAAP, SOX 404, FASB, SEC, AICPA, XBRL rules and reporting,
- Knowledgeable researcher in guidance as issued by the FASB, SEC and professional accounting firms,
- Strong technical skills, analytical and verb/written communication skills,
- Active disclosure or W-Desk background highly desired, LeaseQuery experience a plus
- Extremely attentive to detail,
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills,
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and committed to success,
- Adaptable and comfortable working in fast paced environments,
- Ability to lead others through clear communication, coordination, project planning and project prioritization,
- Ability to identify key issues and offer practical solutions
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.