Cloud Data Engineer - Canada
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them. Our moto here at Extreme is ‘Advance with us’ and it applies to everyone we work with – inside and outside the company.
Extreme Networks is looking for a highly capable Cloud Data Engineer. You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, and further improving the use of Postgres, Amazon RDS, Elasticsearch and NoSQL databases management as well as cloud service management in production.
Cloud Data Engineer - Canada
- Manage Database and Elasticsearch stability at scale in production
- Manage, improve, and monitor database high availability on Kubernetes
- Proactively identifying database and Elasticsearch performance issues and providing recommendations and implementing solutions for resolution
- Engaging in performance and capacity management of Database and Elasticsearch
- Review DB schema and provide DB suggestions and insights to Developers
- Providing 24/7 Incident Management support for database and production issues in response to Incident notifications
- Maintain DB DR documentation, procedures, jobs and support the annual DR test
- Fully understand the Database schema design and Elasticsearch schema and generate reports automatically
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- PostgreSQL experience and PL/PGSQL, and SQL skills.
- 5+ years of DBA experience on Linux, preferably with Postgres/MySQL/Oracle experience.
- Proficiency tuning databases for performance, availability, and scalability.
- Experience in a 24X7 production environment.
- Experience in root cause analysis, remediation, and problem resolution for complex systems.
- Experience of Kubernetes and administering Linux based systems
- Experience in Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS or Azure
- Excellent knowledge and experience with networking is also a bonus.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.