STAFF INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
Position: STAFF INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST: Incident analyst
Experience: 8-15 Years
Shift Timings: AMERICA shift- 9PM- 6AM
As a key member of the Information Security Operations team, you will be primarily responsible for the management and operation of the SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) solution; monitoring & responding to security events & tickets; investigating root cause analysis of issues and updating and investigating threat feeds and alerts. In addition to the above tasks, you will support the wider information security and IT teams as appropriate on additional requests.
The job requirements include but are not limited to the following tasks.
- Continuously monitor SIEM Console, ServiceNow incident queues and SecOps dashboards for alerts, tickets, and issues
- Notify system owners and Escalate security incidents per the incident response escalation procedure
- SIEM Alert tuning and configuration
- Monitor devices system performance, system resources utilization (disk space, indexed data) and health monitoring
- Add, configure new log, and event sources into SecOp tools
- Fine tuning and policy enhancement for SIEM and other SecOp’s tools.
- Responsible for troubleshooting SIEM and SOC (Security Operations Center) operational related issues
- Assist in case of major outbreak or any critical incident related issue
- SIEM Patching and configuration back up operations
- The Incident response team will perform the deep dive incidents analysis by correlating data from the various sources
- Respond to all reported security incidents
- Follow up with teams for incident closure
- Maintain incident records as per the guidelines
- Capture and protect the evidence related to an incident
- Develop IoC (Indicators of Compromise) related to new threats
- First level investigation and malware analysis
- Perform incident damage assessment
- Update stakeholders about security incidents progress
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions Maintain confidentiality of information
- Must be able to prioritize projects, maintaining a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Must possess the ability to follow verbal and written directions
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well in independently and in Team
- Must be able to use critical thinking skills and judgment
- Must be able to work positively and professionally with a wide range of personalities
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism
- Ideal candidates will have background / experience in security operations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated
- The ideal candidate will have experience using / performing searches and tuning a SIEM product.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with the Microsoft suite of security tools.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.