Network Technician – Learning Labs in Salem, NH
Network Technician – Virtual Learning Labs
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after four acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The Technical Enablement team within Extreme Networks has a responsibility to Create, Curate and Delivery technical level education for our partners and customers. In order to perform all of those tasks we have an installed virtual training and learning lab. The lab has been created to support a number of distinct networks based upon Extreme Technologies to enable external and internal developers to build and test technical training and also to be the vehicle for delivering technical lab exercises during classes. These include emulation of different switching and routing, wifi technologies, data centre and network management and orchestration technologies. The technical training spans from installation, configuration and management through to troubleshooting and diagnostics.
We are looking for a skilled Network Technician to undertake tasks of network development and maintenance for the virtual learning lab. You will be responsible for maintaining optimal performance to support the delivery and creation of Extreme’s technical training
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with great passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions.
The goal is to create and sustain a well-functioning and reliable network to ensure the unobtrusive operation of Technical Enablement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under guidance, design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Maintain and manage virtual environments based upon VMWare
- Support remote instructors as first level reporting for in class issues
- Perform lab readiness procedures to reset and test labs for start of new classes
- Inspect infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Perform regular housekeeping tasks to protect the operation of Technical Enablement operations
- Provide technical direction and support to co-workers, external developers and external instructors on the virtual lab environments usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Maintain network specific documentation
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of two years proven experience as network technician or relevant position
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols, WiFi and network technologies
- Good understanding of network management and orchestration using CLI and GUI based techniques
- Good knowledge of virtual operating systems and technologies especially VMWare is essential
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Knowledge of data storage systems highly desirable
- Associate level qualifications such as CWNA or CCNA are strongly preferred
- BSc/BA in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.