STAFF QA SW ENGINEER
This position requires working with cloud application and embedded software developers, PLM, a distributed Quality Engineering Team with offices around the world, cloud operations, and documentation writers. It demands someone with a understanding of operational networking excellence from the customer view. They also need to be able to investigate technical issues across a wide range of technologies, adapt to changing technologies, eager to learn new concepts and tools, and provide usability recommendations back into Engineering and PLM for improving the customer experience.
Recommended technical skills needed to perform the job:
- Extensive test automation skills. Python is preferred
- Hands-on experience with various test automation framework ( pytest, Robot, Selenium, REST etc)
- Hands-on experience in testing Cloud Applications
- Hands-on experience in API automation
- Understanding of JSON/YAML encoding and data structures,
- Experience using Git and Jira is a plus,
- Experience using Swagger and Postman tools is a plus,
- AWS Cloud Practitioner experience is a plus,
- Practical understanding of Enterprise network operations,
- Hands-on experience in L2 and L3 networking protocols,
- General understanding of Ethernet switch architectures,
- Knowledge on the use Enterprise firewalls is a plus, and
- knowledge and experience in Linux virtualization, Hypervisor, NFV, Containers, and VM.
Education Requirements: Engineering or Computer Science graduates with a BE or ME degree.
Experience: 8+ years of experience
Location: Chennai. Can work remotely or in the office. The job candidate will need to go into the Chennai office periodically to setup and configure automation test beds and address lab equipment related issues.
Additionally, the professional characteristics the candidate should possess include:
- Ability to come up with test and automation strategy for complex cloud applications. Must act proactively to solve issues through investigation, reaching out to peers, or requesting guidance from your manager. The work is fast paced; problems cannot sit unresolved.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas of application programming, content management systems, APIs, databases, and DevOps/TestOps concepts.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- Mentor junior level QE engineers in the QE process and technology