Solution Engineer DACH: SD-WAN
Solution Engineer DACH: SD-WAN
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks is looking for a Solution Engineer to join the team. The candidate shall have some background and proven experience in networking solutions (Wan Optimization, routing, SD-WAN…). The previous work experiences should include stops at software or equipment vendor, service provider, or IT integrator.
The ideal candidate shall have a mix of strong technical skills and good business acumen that is applied in the day to day job. He / She will be working as part of a European team with a strong focus on the DACH market.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
For End Customers:
Technical pre-sales role responsible for supporting the sales function in a client-facing role by understanding customer objectives and translating them into solutions comprising Ipanema products & solutions (mainly Ipanema SD-WAN).
- Prepare and assist account directors in customer meetings with technical expertise, presentations.
- Driving proof of concepts (POC) in order to demonstrate Ipanema solutions is essential in this role and should be ready to achieve hands-on activities (Ipanema product configuration and customization).
- Answer technical parts of customer RFQs and RFPs.
- Understand business value and build ROI analysis as appropriate.
- Recommend and tailor technical argumentation and technical pre-sales activities to advance sales opportunities.
- Maintain the direct technical relationship.
- Evangelize our Partners on the Ipanema solutions.
- Assist them for the RPQs and RFPs writing.
- Maintain the relationship with their technical teams.
- Support sales team in general in matters concerning products and their technical capabilities
- Feedback technical market requirements to product management.
- The role requires some travels
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in German and English
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Service Providers Networking knowledge (IP/MPLS, routing (BGP/OSPF/IS-IS), switching)
- Security knowledge (Firewall, VPN, SASE…)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the region
- At least 3 years of experience.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.