Professional Service Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after four acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The Extreme Professional Services Engineer (PSE) will work within a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers to support various professional service projects. The PSE role requires a broad range of technical expertise, design, deploy and troubleshooting accompanied with excellent customer communication skills. The PSE is considered the “trusted advisor” for the customer during the engagement. The PSE’s role is delivering assigned projects on Extreme products and providing training handoffs and best practice guidance of all product areas of the Extreme Network product suites included. The PSE will ensure that all networking implementations meet or exceeds the customer expectations.
- Follow Extreme Professional Services PDIO (Plan/Design/Implement/Operate) implementation methodology.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of project documentation during implementation.
- Responsible as technical lead and trusted advisor to the customer during implementation.
- Responsible for delivering the customer’s Extreme projects
- Responsible as liaison between sales and customer during implementation.
- Work with Extreme partners and sales staff to implement the Extreme solution that was sold.
- Must maintain excellent knowledge on all Extreme product suites.
- Ability to escalate any customer issues to management in a timely manner.
- Estimated travel is 50-90%
- Expert in networking technologies with industry and regional knowledge and experience. (8 or more years’ experience)
- Thorough knowledge of security design features and ability to implement and perform analysis of network and systems security design. (6 or more years’ experience)
- Hands-on experience using security-related toolsets.
- Must have strong skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution in a network environment.
- Keen ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and position the Extreme solution effectively.
- Ability to effectively implement Extreme products and solutions in a mission critical environment within a scheduled downtime or with no downtime.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations in order to maintain satisfied customers.
- Excellent inter-personal, technical presentation and communications skills.
- Proven team player.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be experienced with Extreme wired/wireless solutions
- In-depth knowledge of four or more of the following networking technologies: (3 or more years’ experience)
- Extreme Identify wireless
- Extreme EXOS switching
- Routing Protocols (RIPv1/v2/v3, OSPFv2/v3, VRRP, MPLS, BGP, PIM, etc…)
- Layer2 Switching (802.1Q, 802.1 D, 801.x)
- Extreme Management Center (XMC)
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Must be a US citizen
- S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Network Certifications desired (i.e. CCNA, CISSP, CCIE, CWTS/CWNA, etc.)
- Extreme certified is a plus
- PM experience is a plus
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.