*UX Researcher, Extreme Customer Experience - Any location in the US
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. For 2020 ExtremeCloud IQ was named CRN's 2020 Networking Product of the Year!
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks helps customers transform and enhance their businesses with our cloud-based technology - making it even easier for customers to grow as they go, both in a technical and commercial sense. Our products offer flexible, feature-rich, application tiers tailored to every business, budget, and IT needs, that delivers the management, intelligence and assurance our customers require. Extreme Networks creates and end-to-end effortless networking experience. Within Customer Experience our mission is to create data-driven beautiful and differentiated experiences. We are looking to flip networking on its head and build something the world would never expect from a networking company.
As UX Researcher you will report into Extreme’s Principal UX Researcher. As a UX Researcher (UXR), you will serve as research point of contact for key developer partnerships, managing project roadmap, scheduling studies, and reporting insights. You will run research sessions, scope research questions, coordinate recruitment, and collect observations, notes, and feedback. Additionally, you will analyze qualitative data and create and deliver concise reports to all relevant stakeholders, including engineering, PLM, and leadership.
In this role, you’ll build empathy and understanding of what users need, while closely collaborating with designers, engineering, product management and various other cross functional teams. We are looking for someone who wants to think outside of the box and finds energy in developing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through a diverse research program.
- Work closely with product and design teams to identify research questions, build a research plan that will answer them, and communicate the insights to shape the user experiences of Alexa products and capabilities.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Understand different data types from different sources and perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and marketing to communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.
- Work closely with designers and stakeholders to define research & design projects from the ground up, including framing the project, identifying research questions, and designing studies that help develop insight, fuel ideation, and inform concept definition and narrowing
- Uncover and understand technology trends, market influences, user behaviors, motivations, attitudes, and needs that help shape concepts, products, and solutions
- Iteratively evaluate UX concepts, prototypes, and experiences
- Define and implement all phases of research, analyze mixed-method data, and create deliverables that clearly communicate insights and major takeaways from the research and next steps
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), UX, Design or a related field (including Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship) or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience conducting mixed-methods design research, UX research, or user research in the technology space (software or hardware focused)
- Experience designing research for generative (exploratory or discovery) and evaluative (summative or formative validation) purposes
- Skill in crafting clear research goals and questions and knowing how and when to effectively apply different research methods
- Ability to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data with knowledge of foundational stats
- Ability to communicate insights clearly and succinctly from research to designers, product owners, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Portfolio of past work experience with examples of process, deliverables, and demonstrated impact
- Team player, solid work ethic, willing to pitch in where needed
- Have an appetite for technology and be an avid digital consumer and experience evaluator
- A non-networking background it a plus!
- Knowledge of the research process and research methods (e.g., surveys and questionnaire design, personas, lab studies, diary studies, and other methods).
- Understanding of experimental design, common data analytic techniques, and effective ways to visualize data.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.