Success Journey Manager - Director
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Success Journey Manager – Customer Success Operations Team
Extreme Networks helps customers transform and enhance their businesses with our cloud-based technology - making it even easier for customers to grow as they go, both in a technical and commercial sense. Our products offer flexible, feature-rich, application tiers tailored to every business, budget, and IT needs, that delivers the management, intelligence and assurance our customers require. Extreme Networks creates and end-to-end effortless networking experience. Within Customer Success our mission is to work closely with our customers and partners to ensure that all of their business needs are achieved, and business value is realized and accelerated. We are reimagining the customer and partner journey to deliver best in class experiences that not only meets, but consistently exceeds, their expectations.
Extreme’s Global Customer Success Operations Leader is seeking a passionate Success Journey Manager who has hands-on experience building and mapping journeys for successful customers and partners in a rapidly growing SaaS-based organization. You will be accountable to mature and manage a portfolio of journeys – providing world-class experiences to Extreme customers and partners. The Success Journey Manager will facilitate journey mapping workshops, customer validation of journey maps, and enable the development of personas to anchor journey maps; apply customer insights and analytics to journey maps, so they are as detailed as they can be and suggest changes based on customer feedback; and lead efforts to understand what journeys our customers experience, what should be mapped and what journeys matter most. As a part of a growing team, this is an exciting opportunity to help define and operationalize our Customer Success infrastructure and processes. Diversity of thought, a passion for problem solving at scale and empathy are the values that should drive and inspire you every day.
This position requires deep customer focus, data-driven decision making, and the ability to balance multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Develop in-house customer journey mapping capability that ensures global consistency and rigor in approach using leading visualization tools and techniques to map customer experiences.
- Manage an organizational view of customer and partner journey inventory.
- Facilitate current & future customer journey mapping workshops that incorporates existing research and analytics on the experience customers have today.
- Partner with Customer Experience and Product teams to build personas based on research that represent our customers today and customers in the future based on emerging trends.
- Lead prioritization efforts for journey mapping and persona focus areas.
- Find and provide recommendations to reduce customer friction and pain points improving customer satisfaction and retention.
- Validate accuracy of current state and desirability of future state journey and features including developing visualizations.
- Identify key moments in customer journeys, provide listening post recommendations.
- Drive execution for measuring the effectiveness of experiences as part of voice of customer (VoC) and voice of partner (VoP) programs.
- Convey and present insights to varying levels of audiences within the organization using storytelling techniques and presentations.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible qualitative and quantitative customer experience research experience including application of customer journey mapping research, principles, concepts and methodologies around design thinking/human centered design.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the customer relationship lifecycle, including behavioral journeys and metrics
- Outstanding facilitation, interpersonal skills, relationship building, organizational, technical, communication and analytical with ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Strong storytelling skills and the ability to influence partners to make informed decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholder to ensure customer success.
- Disciplined work ethic - self-motivated and detail-oriented mindset focused on achieving revenue goals.
- Resourceful problem solving, organized and process oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must live and personify the values of Extreme – Teamwork, Transparency, Candor, Curiosity, Ownership, and Inclusion.
- BA or BS or equivalent practical experience.
- Involved in an organization during a period of growth and transformation.
- Experience with SaaS business models and/or cloud managed networking.
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce and Totango.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.