Human Resources Generalist - Toronto
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we are proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for collaborating with key business leaders and the broader HR team to align people strategy to business objectives for designated stakeholders. The HR Generalist will act as a trusted partner to business leaders on all people matters and manage people operations. The HR Generalist anticipates and assesses people priorities through the business/people planning process, needs assessment, and action planning in collaboration with business leaders. The position successfully navigates and collaborates with the broader HR team to provide expertise-based recommendations and value-add solutions. The HR Generalist maintains a high level of business acumen through a strong understanding of firm and stakeholder priorities.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for driving people programs and operations to align with corporate and cultural goals. With strong advisory and coaching skills this individual will manage employee relations, performance management, organizational design/efficiency, program delivery and HR initiatives that are the need of the business.
Location: Toronto, Canada
- Bachelor’s degree required with specialized skills in HR
- 5 to 7 years relevant work experience, multinational/global experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish key relationships with business leaders and develop strong credibility
- Sound analytical acumen and ability to interpret business metrics that coach and guide critical people decisions
- Experience working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong mental agility and problem-solving skills
- Ability to proactively and continually collaborate with the business and broader HR team to bring the ‘best’ to the ‘client’
- Experience in interfacing with international audiences and cross-office teams
- Familiarity with People practices in Europe is a plus
Strong project management and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and work across all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task while working against tight timelines
- Ensure all local HR related compliance requirements are met
- Attention to detail and commitment to get things done, and getting them done well
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.