Job Description – Regional Marketing Manager Japan
Our employees are the key to the innovation that has made Extreme Networks a success. We provide an environment that is geared to reward creativity, innovation and teamwork. If you would like to unleash your creativity and your career – it’s time to join the Extreme Networks team.
A vacancy has arisen for a Regional Marketing Manager to join the Extreme Networks team to lead the design and execution of marketing campaigns for our key clients and prospects for the Japanese market.
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering top class marketing and communications programs, through robust planning, strong creativity and faultless execution. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the internal teams and external agencies to deliver compelling marketing programs that drive strong ROI for Extreme.
Key responsibilities and day-to-day duties will include:
- Being a brand ambassador, guardian and promoter of the Extreme Networks brand by working according to the values of the brand.
- Participate in the development of the marketing plans for the local markets
- Managing the execution of integrated marketing campaigns, including:
- Integrated demand generation programs
- Channel marketing integration
- Customer and Partner Events (physical and virtual) planning and execution
- Defining marketing collateral; localization and other content needs
- Build a regional digital marketing strategy and manage the local Social Media Accounts in the region
- Work closely with the corporate marketing team on adapting and localizing corporate initiatives such as demand generation campaigns to regional requirements
- Drive the Channel marketing efforts to and through our partner community; leveraging proposal-based MDF and focus on programs with strong ROI
- Working with sales, channel and business development teams to proactively seek creative ways of raising our profile in assigned markets to generate revenue and strengthen our brand position
- Manage regional marketing budgets (incl. Reseller MDF) to create a quarterly marketing investment plan for the region
- Ensure that all generated leads are assigned to the appropriate sales teams and receive timely follow-up (MQL to SAL to SQL)
- Work with sales teams to grow customer references and case studies
- Degree educated
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of B2B marketing to large and medium-sized corporate organizations within the Japanese market
- Experience in working with channel partners and resellers to build and execute successful campaigns and programs
- Demonstrable track record of delivering impactful marketing and communications programs
- Experience across a number of different marketing disciplines. For example, events; lead generation campaigns; PR; web, social media
- Understand of the lead funnel process from Enquiry to Closed Won and experience with CRM and Marketing Automation systems
- The ability to influence the focus of marketing and communications initiatives successfully is essential, as is the need for first class interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Able to demonstrate strong organization and project management skills
- Required language skills: Japanese (native or full professional proficiency) & English (fluent in written and spoken)
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and within a (virtual) team environment
- Occasional travel (~20%)
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)