Backend Java Developer (REMOTE Canada)
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after five acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Backend Java Developer
Extreme’s Cloud Architecture team is a group of talented engineers passionate about building highly reliable, scalable, and secure solutions in public / private cloud environments. We are looking to hire a Backend Software Engineer with strong working experience in cloud infrastructure design and development. You will work with the team to enhance our NextGen real-time event processing framework and build reliable cloud services. Extreme Networks is the right place to be and now is the right time to join us and be part of our spectacular growth and success. We're looking for the best and the brightest 'A' players who want to make a difference doing a job they love.
- Design, develop and enhance real-time ML architecture.
- Implement ExtremeCloudIQ Copilot platform.
- Implement real-time event processing framework.
- Infrastructure stability & performance enhancement.
- Continuous evolve architecture as the system scale.
- Make key technical implementation decisions and help guide engineering vision.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems.
- Create and maintain Architecture, Design, Troubleshooting, Deployment, Configuration documents.
- Produce well designed, factored, and tested code.
- 5+ years relevant SW development experience
- Solid Java software development skills
- Familiarity with Spring Framework (such as: Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
- Familiarity with distributed system and microservice concepts and patterns.
- Database Experience with at least one of SQL and no-SQL Databases (any of these would be helpful: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Ignite, Cassandra).
- Messaging experience (any of these are helpful to know: JMS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Pulsar).
- BSEE, BSCS or equivalent
Skills & Experience you will gain or expand in this role:
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Experience with one of cloud platform AWS, AZURE, GCP.
- Working with container-based architecture and deployment (Docker, Kubernetes.)
- Driving adoption of new technology and best practices into existing complex systems.
- Building highly available microservices at scale.
- Working as part of a distributed team located in multiple time zones.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.