Big Data, the cloud, elastic computing, SaaS, AWS, BYOD, HPC, SDN—we do it all. The solutions we build at ExtraHop are transforming the IT industry. From retail websites and point-of-sale systems to financial services and the healthcare industry, ExtraHop helps modern businesses handle the growing demands on their applications and infrastructures.
We’re growing fast and we’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Think you have what it takes to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
We are looking for a Support Technician who can be flexible on shifts (6AM-6PM PST). This is a growth role and a great entry point for an ExtraHop career. Real opportunities exist for career advancement within Support or in other business units. Support is the place to prove your worth and develop a base for career growth in the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Support team, you will be both working with customers to resolve technical issues using a variety of internal resources and providing data analysis to understand and troubleshoot systems.
- Provide hardware and firmware deployment support for ExtraHop appliances
- Provide technical assistance to quantify and/or troubleshoot issues with data feeds from network infrastructure, virtual switches, and packet forwarders
- Document incident cases, feature requests, and customer questions
- Escalate technical cases to the appropriate technical resource
- Act as the single point of contact for customer questions and concerns
- Provide professional, concise communication with customers
- Act as a team player to augment the Support Engineering team duties including Triage of new cases to include problem description, severity, priority, licensing and entitlement, and customer expectations.
- Communication management, and support directly to customer for documented issues.
Required Qualifications and Experience
We’re looking for a Support Technician who can help us grow to the next level as a company. As a starting point for this hands-on position, you’ll need the following background:
- AAS and/or Certifications in a related discipline such as information technology, computer science, business, or engineering
- At least two years of experience in IS or IT
- Experience with Unix/Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of networking and virtual systems
- Working knowledge of the OSI Model
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and multicast
- Working knowledge of application protocols including HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, and LDAP
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law