Product Marketing Manager, Security (optional remote)
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to be a leading contributor of the Security Product Marketing team at ExtraHop. In this highly visible role, you will be instrumental in building and establishing ExtraHop’s Network Detection and Response business line, and establish ExtraHop as a leader within the cybersecurity market.
This position requires an understanding of security, SaaS, and cloud/IT infrastructure markets. The ideal candidate will identify market needs, work with customers, sales, product management, and other stakeholders to articulate and develop the unique value that ExtraHop provides. This role encompasses product positioning, messaging, product strategy, collateral creation, and execution of marketing programs with other marketing, sales, and product management teams.
- Effectively communicate ExtraHop’s position to sales, channel partners, customers, and analysts
- Create sales tools and training:
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling of ExtraHop’s products
- Create customer case studies with input from the sales team to document application stories for key target customers and train the sales team on the concepts
- Conduct competitive analysis/market research:
- Develop and produce market research insight reports and detailed sales-ready competitive analyses (products and technology). Work with product management and field teams to develop messaging and materials to help position ExtraHop in the minds of the buyers
- Identify new key markets for ExtraHop products and solutions
- Develop compelling content in collaboration with internal stakeholders that will help drive customer engagement, thought leadership, and content marketing
- Help conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand
- Responsible for collecting the requisite content for inclusion on the ExtraHop’s web from others in the organization and work with our webmaster to ensure high SEO ratings based on content and keeping that content current
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with B2B technology companies
- Experience in cybersecurity areas and security buyer personas
- Solid understanding of cloud, IT infrastructure, and related buyer personas
- Experience working with sales, customers, and analysts in presenting the company position and products
- Experience in marketing products and services to enterprises, service providers, and channel partners
- Previous success in the development and the execution of integrated product marketing plans
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third party agencies
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willing to travel 20% (US travel)
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Prior experience in B2B enterprise technology marketing
- Technical aptitude coupled with an enthusiasm for technology and the ability to translate this into compelling narratives
- Passion for analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to create exceptional content and comfortably engage with sales, customers, and partners
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- MBA is a plus
ExtraHop is on a mission to arm security teams to confront active threats and stop breaches. Our Reveal(x) 360 platform, powered by cloud-scale AI, sees every threat without being seen. We analyze all cloud and network traffic in real-time to eliminate blind spots and detect threats that other tools miss, helping our customers respond to breaches up to 84 percent faster.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle, and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits covered at 100% for employees.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP
- Educational Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cybercriminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?