Engineering Manager | Data Science
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the IT industry’s most challenging problems. The ExtraHop system is an application-aware, real-time wire-data analytics platform that enables IT teams to keep network applications running at light speed. Join our engineering team and work collaboratively to solve complex problems daily.
Is self-motivated Data Science and/or Engineering Manager with a track record of hiring and retaining teams that deliver great prediction products. Build talent naturally while still providing leadership and process. Listens to employees and value their opinions. Believes that great things happen when engineering teams are empowered, have clear goals and a leader that removes roadblocks. Are known for their ability to build teams that outperform expectations and a zen like balance of hands on and off management. As a result of this leadership ability, the team stays focused on priorities through the various stages of the product development.
About the role:
As an Engineering Manager at ExtraHop, you will drive product initiatives and ensure that the team delivers a great product to customers. You will attract, develop and cultivate a great engineering team and the environment in order to maintain our technical leadership in the industry. You will work with the product management team to deliver on the product vision and feature priorities. You will work to see patterns, roadblocks, and issues while they are emerging, provide solutions and ensure the development process moves forward swiftly.
- A degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences or a related technical field
- A strong track record of performing data analysis using Python (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.) or equivalent language and SQL
- At least 5 years of experience using statistics and analytics to solve complex problems
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Ability to write production-quality code utilizing knowledge of data structures and algorithms with Python or related programming languages
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of common software development practices around design, coding, and testing a large codebase (agile & waterfall)
Responsiblities & Duties:
- Work in a cross-functional team to research and build rich analytics into the ExtraHop system: investigate customer operation challenges, frame and structure questions, collect and analyze data, as well as summarize and present key insights in support of decision-making
- Demonstrate and share your passion and understanding of data science
- Build analytics tools to develop actionable insights using the ExtraHop system
- Contribute in all phases of development starting from the design proof of concept to laying down the scalable production code
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law