Sr. Sales Engineer, Japan
ExtraHop’s Sales Engineering team is growing! Our platform for Network Security Analytics is a unique and powerful component of Security Operations. We offer strong comp plans, fair quotas, and the opportunity to work with other smart, hardworking people who are excited about creating the next great systems company in the Security market. If you are at the top of your game, have experience building territories, are a challenger, and can sell innovative next-gen solutions, then we want to hear from you.
This position is ideal for someone who has thrived as the technical focal point conducting product presentations in highly charged meetings with prospects and customers. It’s important for you to be highly technical, have strong business acumen, read a room, and evangelize for a revolutionary product.
As a Sales Engineer, you will have a significant impact on the success of each sales presentation. This is a key position that contributes directly to the bottom-line health of the company.
- Assess prospective customer needs and uncover requirements for ExtraHop’s Reveal(x) solution.
- Remove technology-related buying objections from the sales opportunity
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audiences, at executive and/or technical levels, both pre- and post-sales
- Independently coordinate all aspects of technical product evaluations, from installation to helping prospective customers interpret/act on the many insights they’ll gain
- Articulate the technical value proposition, differentiators, and capabilities to prospects and partners
- Lead architecture design discussions for deployment
- Prepare and present technical proposals and RFIs
- Collaborate with sales representatives to ensure all aspects of the sale are aligned
- Identify market and product requirements based on field experience and customer input
- Work with Sales, Product Development & Product Management teams to help product direction, customer alignment, and customer success.
- Provide post-sales follow-up, technical training, and consulting
- Help with post-implementation support for key customers
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with the customer's implementation experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- Strong understanding of Network/Application security, analysis or incident response
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with network security, endpoint, IDS or similar technologies
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results
- Strong problem-solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanor, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Understanding of enterprise security requirements
- Solid understanding network security, endpoint, and SIEM technologies
- Deep understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts, risk
- OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2-7
- Understanding of NIST and related standards for enterprise security
- Solid understanding of major operating systems, hardening, and common points of attack
- Familiarity with the network and application monitoring space a plus
- Familiarity with VMware hypervisor (ESXi) and environments
- Experience analyzing packet captures a plus
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from the core to edge to the cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2019 Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inauguralDisruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $150 million in bookings in 2019 and 40% year-over-year growth for the last two consecutive years, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law