AP & Expense Report Specialist
We’re growing fast and we’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Think you have what it takes to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of our Accounts Payable team, you’ll play a critical role in processing all expense reports, being the advocate and liaison between internal employees and accounting for all areas regarding expense reports and expense report policies. This role will also process reoccurring vendor bills, working closely with vendors and directly with our Senior AP Specialist. You will also contribute to our-month end accounting close process, book various monthly journal entries, and assist in completing account reconciliations.
- Process employee expense reports and credit cards in the expense management system Expensify, validating against the travel policies for US and international employees in multiple subsidiaries
- Ensure proper coding of expense reports and credit cards, validation of backup (receipts), validate and properly recognize foreign taxes and currency (i.e. VAT)
- Help maintain employee records and reports that directly affect expense reports
- Systems Administrator for expense management tool Expensify with responsibilities of implementing integrations and making system updates
- Complete month-end reconciliations for employee trade payables
- Work with Payroll to ensure expense reports are paid timely
- Help manage the global T&E policy and incorporate annual changes and changes as the company grows
- Main point of contact for our travel company and collaborate directly with facilities team
- Process reoccurring vendor bills including invoices for contract manufacturing, hotel bills, and meals vendors, etc. adhering to accounting expense rules
- Help identify and make changes and/or improvements to current processing of expense reports or other areas of AP
- Provide training and office hours for employees in regards to expense reporting
- Help provide necessary documentation during annual audits
- Lead updates to our accounting ExtraHop HopNet website
- Provide backup for vendor AP and other functions within the accounting team as needed
- Advocate our key philosophy that every dollar spent is a piece of the company
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s desired (accounting classes preferred)
- 2-5 years of experience in Accounts Payable or Expense Report Processing
- Exemplary attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication with an ability to provide professional service to employees and vendors
- Experience using Expensify tool or other expense management tool (preferred but not required)
- Experience using NetSuite (ERP system) (preferred but not required)
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) when providing guidance on adherence to policy for the entire company
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law