Director of Business Development
We’re growing fast and we’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Think you have what it takes to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
As the Director, Business Development, Security you will be responsible for driving ExtraHop’s BD initiatives within Security & Cloud verticals.
- Build, Own, and Drive the technology partnering strategy and goals in the security market space and in alignment with Company objectives.
- Define a strategic security focused technology partner plan - what are the few, high impact relationships and how we will leverage these relationships for strategic value. Where appropriate, will work across business groups to maximize impact of the partner and plan.
- Identify, structure and negotiate alliance partnership agreements in the Security market including but not limited to ISV, IHV, OEM, or Cloud joint go-to-market agreements.
- Identify, win and close partnership contracts with focus on:
- Screening of potential business deals by analyzing the potential partner profile, reputation, innovation, market strategies, deal requirements, and financials as well as alternative options.
- Drive the development and execution of joint positioning and go-to-market plans from concept to launch to lifecycle management.
- Drive measurable revenue through both joint go-to-market activities, resale, and OEM sales.
- Expand joint selling opportunities through security alliance field sales and their channel partners
- Maintain a highly interactive relationship with partners to achieve on-going initiatives
- Keep Business Group up to date on security partner related news and technology
- Define a yearly plan and drive the execution, to include regular QBRs with partners.
- Start-Up mentality with willingness to drive the field execution in the detail.
- Minimum five years of business development experience in the security market with clear positive revenue growth attributed to alliance development.
- Three years identifying and growing strategic relationships with security technology companies (Threat Intelligence, SIEM, endpoint, etc).
- Deep understanding of the security market and how a CISO operates. In addition, knowledge of IT architectures, data center operations and cloud services across a variety of technology segments, e.g. IT Operations Management, BI, Orchestration, Application Delivery Networking, Security etc.
- Ability to understand joint market opportunities, to identify the alliance partner offering gaps that ExtraHop fills in the Security market, and to articulate the overall value for the partner and customers
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to define strategy and drive execution of new alliance initiatives
- Verifiable track record of building and managing revenue generating relationships with leading technology companies
- Experience defining, implementing and executing comprehensive go-to-market activities
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and highly organized person with strong leadership skills
- Superior communication, both written and verbal, for both executive-level audiences and technical end-users
- Consultative sales approach (problem solver, challenger, and hunter quota carrier) with superb attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- BA/BS required
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from the core to edge to the cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2019 Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $150 million in bookings in 2019 and 40% year-over-year growth for the last two consecutive years, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law