Sr. Engineering Manager, Data Science
You are a self-motivated Engineering Manager with a track record of hiring and retaining teams that deliver great products. You build talent and do it naturally while still providing leadership and process. You listen to your employees and value their opinions. You believe that great things happen when engineering teams are empowered, have clear goals, and a leader that removes roadblocks. You are known for your uber organizational skills and zen-like balance to keep the team focused on priorities through the various stages of the product development cycle.
About the role
As an Engineering Manager at ExtraHop, you will drive product initiatives and ensure that the team delivers a great product to customers. You will attract, develop, and cultivate a great engineering team and the environment in order to maintain our technical leadership in the industry. You will work with the product management team to deliver on the product vision and feature priorities. You will work to see patterns, roadblocks, and issues while they are emerging, provide solutions, and ensure the development process moves forward swiftly.
- A degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences or a related technical field
- A strong track record of performing data analysis using Python (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.) or equivalent language and SQL
- At least 5 years of experience using statistics and analytics to solve complex problems
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Ability to write production-quality code utilizing knowledge of data structures and algorithms with Python or related programming languages
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of common software development practices around design, coding, and testing a large codebase (agile & waterfall)
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work in a cross-functional team to research and build rich analytics into the ExtraHop system: investigate customer operation challenges, frame and structure questions, collect and analyze data, as well as summarize and present key insights in support of decision-making
- Demonstrate and share your passion and understanding of data science
- Build analytics tools to develop actionable insights using the ExtraHop system
- Contribute in all phases of development starting from the design proof of concept to laying down the scalable production code
ExtraHop is on a mission to arm security teams to confront active threats and stop breaches. Our Reveal(x) 360 platform, powered by cloud-scale AI, sees every threat without being seen. We analyze all cloud and network traffic in real-time to eliminate blind spots and detect threats that other tools miss, helping our customers respond to breaches up to 84 percent faster.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle, and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbesnamed ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits covered at 100% for employees.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP
- Educational Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cybercriminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?