At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader in real-time wire data analytics, a novel approach to IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $15B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems. The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to join a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
We are looking for the right people to join us as we design and build the most cutting-edge, high quality products in operational intelligence. We’re hiring engineers who want to code, not go to meetings—people with the skills and attention to detail to back up their ideas. We want folks who realize that our customer’s success is the result of the strong product we create and technical support we provide. We move quickly and have a passion for building elegant, scalable solutions.
Do you wish you came to work excited to tackle new problems every day? When you encounter product glitches are you curious about the underlying layers of code and infrastructure that created it? Are you able to apply advanced analytical and technical expertise to resolve highly complex systems level customer issues. Do you enjoy working closely with Engineering and other technical business units to solve complicated issues with patches, code changes or direct action? In this role you will provide root cause analysis and resolution for customer issues, as well as writing tools to improve front line support’s ability to solve customer issuesDuties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with other engineers to identify and resolve complex customer issues in an expedited manner and develop processes to speed resolution of similar cases.
- Partner with Engineering/QA/Support to complete the development lifecycle by providing real customer experiences to improve test methodologies, coding decisions, and support responses
- Build tools to analyze system data, fix customer deployments, and patch active code.
- Manage communications with support, management, and customer advocates throughout the solution workflow.
- Have flexibility to change focus as incidents and priority dictate, as well as, the follow through needed to solve back-burnered issues.
- Use and create tools to generate different client types, server loads, or traffic patterns to simulate customer environments.
- Troubleshoot performance, scalability bottlenecks and suggest solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology.
- Experience with testing, supporting, deploying, or developing large scale enterprise appliances and applications.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Experience with product-development life cycles and handling of customer product concerns.
- Knowledge of building scalable and high-performance user land systems.
- Self-motivated, curious, and technical individual that is passionate about product quality, customer success, and new technologies
- 3 years professional software experience in a Unix-based environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Familiar with containers or docker technologies.
- Experience using and managing virtual infrastructure for VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, and KVM.
- Familiarity with embedded systems or other syste-ms-level development.
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP.
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named toWealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inauguralDisruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.