Director, Technical Marketing
We’re looking for a Technical Marketing Leader to join our fast-growing organization. This person will be responsible for leading the Company’s technical and solutions marketing efforts for hybrid cloud security. The candidate must bring a strong history of technical marketing and evangelism in enterprise B2B software, particularly in the areas of cybersecurity and/or cloud.
- Technical Marketing Leadership - build and lead a small team of technical marketers; develop and execute the technical marketing plan
- SE Enablement - provide technical tools and presentations that improve productivity of SEs in the field and drive consistency from our top-level messaging through to our demonstration of technology value and differentiation (SE presentations, demos, reference architectures, etc)
- Technical Competitive Analysis and Positioning - lead ExtraHop competitive analysis efforts, including assessing competitive offerings and producing technical responses (and proactive targeting guidance) to enable SEs and Sales.
- Technical Content Development - develop white papers, ecosystem solution briefs, and videos to demonstrate the power of ExtraHop technology and the value it delivers to Security and IT operations teams.
- Technical Evangelism - present and articulate ExtraHop solutions and key topics in, cybersecurity and cloud at industry events, webinars, partner events, etc.
- Technical Subject Matter Expertise for product launches - develop presales tools in support of a new product or solution launches, including working with field enablement on the transfer of knowledge to our SEs in the Field.
- Entrepreneurial thinker with an undeniable drive to win in security and the cloud.
- Strong communication skills - must be able to articulate complex technical concepts while also focusing on the customer outcomes behind it all. Technology storytellers are welcome here.
- Straightforward, no-nonsense style with the ability to make decisions in a high-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally
- Analytical, as well as Strategic – must be able to think through problems analytically and creatively, while considering the broader business implications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MBA is desired but not required.
- 7+ years experience in technical marketing, technical product management, or systems engineering in enterprise B2B, particularly security and cloud industry.
- Experience with hybrid cloud and public cloud workloads is highly desired.
- Established track record and experience in high growth company(s).
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law #LI-DS1