Sr. Security Engineer
The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to join a collaborative team that builds solutions that provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
Do you like securing complex networks? ExtraHop Networks is seeking an expert in networking and attack tools to research security threats. We collect massive amounts of network data and are looking for novel, effective ways to detect malware on the wire. We are seeking an engineer who can research malware; how it operates on the network and specific behaviors. You must have an understanding of the attack lifecycle, but a deep desire to be a white hat and stop attackers before they can do damage.
We have a global and diverse user base—we believe in actively investing in a diverse engineering organization. We are seeking technically-qualified people from all backgrounds, who offer dynamic perspectives, influences, and experiences. Are you as passionate as we are about positive culture and amazing technology? If you are, we can't wait to chat with you.
Are you looking to make an impact? Do you love seeing your work implemented and hearing how your contributions have made a difference? ExtraHop offers an exciting, high-energy, and versatile environment in which people are encouraged and supported to collaborate on industry-leading technology while they develop and enrich their individual growth. And we're doing it with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor (it's required here, seriously).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Setup network equipment to build a scalable, secure, and sustainable malware research system
- Understand and be able to run network attack tools
- Work with other engineers to categorize specific network behavior of malware
- Work with a collaborative, dedicated, and seasoned team of engineers
- Understand network protocols
- Spread your security subject matter expertise through the organization
- Install, run, and benchmark emerging products and tools in a lab environment to provide product development and product management strategic data.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- Experience in a Unix-based environment
- Knowledge of building scalable and high-performance systems
- Understanding of various product-development life cycles
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- TCP/IP networking.
- Experience using Linux networking tools such as tcpdump, tcpreplay, pcap tools, apache bench, etc.
- Experience using and managing virtual infrastructure for VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, and KVM.
- Experience standing up systems using Linux containers, Docker, Puppet, Chef, etc
- An understanding of how attackers breach networks
ExtraHop is on a mission to arm security teams to confront active threats and stop breaches. Our Reveal(x) 360 platform, powered by cloud-scale AI, sees every threat without being seen. We analyze all cloud and network traffic in real-time to eliminate blind spots and detect threats that other tools miss, helping our customers respond to breaches up to 84 percent faster.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle, and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbesnamed ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits covered at 100% for employees.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP
- Educational Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cybercriminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?