Manager, Threat Research
The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to lead a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
Do you like securing complex networks? ExtraHop Networks is seeking an expert in networking and attack tools to lead a team researching security threats. We collect massive amounts of network data and are looking for novel, effective ways to detect malware on the wire. We are seeking a leader who can lead a diverse group of engineers who research malware; how it operates on the network and specific behaviors. You must have an understanding of the attack lifecycle, but a deep desire to be a whitehat and stop attackers before they can do damage.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a team that researches malware and network based indicators of compromise
- Set corporate strategy for researching and detecting network threats
- Lead ExtraHop’s response to network based threats
- Understand and be able to run network attack tools
- Prioritize the hundreds of network threats released each day to deliver effective solutions
- Work with engineers to categorize specific network behavior of malware
- Lead a collaborative, dedicated and seasoned team of engineers
- Spread your security subject matter expertise through the organization
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a Unix-based environment
- Knowledge of building scalable and high-performance systems
- An understanding of how attackers breach networks and a general knowledge of the current attack landscape.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the common tools associated with red team operations
- Demonstrate proficiency with the common tools associated with blue team operations
- Solid experience of operational security tools and practices including malware analysis and reverse engineering experience
- 5+ years of strong managerial expertise developing and mentoring direct reports
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understanding of various product-development life cycles
- Experience using Linux networking tools such as tcpdump, tcpreplay, pcap tools, etc.
- Experience using and managing virtual infrastructure for VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, and KVM.
- Experience standing up systems using VMs, Linux containers, Docker, etc
ExtraHop is on a mission to arm security teams to confront active threats and stop breaches. Our Reveal(x) 360 platform, powered by cloud-scale AI, sees every threat without being seen. We analyze all cloud and network traffic in real-time to eliminate blind spots and detect threats that other tools miss, helping our customers respond to breaches up to 84 percent faster.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle, and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbesnamed ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits covered at 100% for employees.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP
- Educational Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharged/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cybercriminals, and insider threats. Ready to join us?