Area Sales Director, EMEA
As an Area Sales Director, you learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of ExtraHop’s products and technologies, competitive products, and industry trends. Your primary responsibility for the role is managing a team of in region quota-carrying sales managers. The field sales team is responsible for increasing revenue in assigned regions/territories/districts through identifying, recruiting, and developing opportunity for generating direct sales and partnerships with resellers.
- Drive agreed upon sales strategies and processes to meet sales goals.
- Development of sales plan including target setting and allocating named accounts
- Great teamwork ethics are required to run a successful sales team which should run as a team vs. a collection of individuals.
- Hire, train, motivate and retain an effective sales force
- Role model team leadership and management qualities
- Management of the team’s pipeline, qualify and accurately forecast business.
- Provide timely and accurate field feedback to other departments within ExtraHop
- Accurately forecast business on a weekly basis
- Meet/Exceed sales team booking target and PoC plan
- Assist the Regional Sales Managers in the region:
- Meet and exceed assigned sales targets by closing new accounts and growing revenues in existing customer installations
- Identify prospects for ExtraHop products through cold calls, and lead follow-up and face-to-face meetings
- Build a qualified pipeline to cover four times the assigned target.
- Define win-strategy for key opportunities
- Call on senior executives to understand the business, decision-making, and financing processes of your territory
- Present and demonstrate ExtraHop products to customers
- Provide customer and competitor feedback and field intelligence where available and necessary
- Prepare and implement strategic sales account plans for all customers and identify business growth opportunities in assigned customer base
- Ensure resellers and field sales engineers and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecasting revenue, and tracking to required revenue goals established by their discount tier
- Coach and support the ramp-up and development of the sales force capabilities
- Work proactively with resellers and partners to grow business in your territory
- Prepare and maintain an accurate sales forecast for your territory
- Become the executive sponsor in the assigned region for key customers
- Keep Salesforce hygiene within the required parameters
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent in a related discipline (e.g., information technology, computer science, business, or engineering)
- 5-10 years managing remote field sales teams
- Track history of success selling technical solutions
- Demonstrated technical acumen to articulate ExtraHop's value proposition in a differentiated and compelling manner
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proven history of sales success in security / cloud / network / application management or related IT infrastructure solutions
- Demonstrated ability to secure meetings and close deals with senior-level executives
- Solid understanding of enterprise security is desired
- Acute commercial skills with an understanding of how to support Cloud, Capex, Opex and finance requirements
- Strong independent work ethic and experience working in dynamic culture
- Required experience in running sales team in DACH and the Middle East
- Existing senior level relationships at a wide range of enterprise accounts in your assigned territory
- Ability to travel
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law #LI-BR1