Director, Global Support
The Director of Global Support serves as a senior leader guiding ExtraHop’s Technical Support organization to ensure our customers are delighted by prompt resolution of technical issues while ensuring a high-value, consultative experience. The role requires superior technical and leadership capabilities as well as the ability to design and build effective cross-team processes. The Director is responsible for designing and deploying a methodology for prioritizing and resolving a wide range of customer issues as well as conduct regular business planning activities and other initiatives to enhance the Technical Support function. The Director should be highly effective at leveraging metrics and quantitative analysis to identify product and process-related trends and drive overall process improvement. The ideal candidate has a proven track record working with Product Engineering and other teams to promote improvement in the overall product experience and customer CSAT levels.
- Ensure effective and consistent operational performance across the Global Technical Support team
- Oversee team management to ensure target performance and quality levels are met while promoting individual professional growth and a positive & fun work environment
- Ensure global operations are staffed for optimal effectiveness relative to local customer needs and create and deploy ‘follow the sun’ or other appropriate case management processes
- Provide escalation support and operate as a focal point for critical communications with customers and the larger ExtraHop team, including Sales, Customer Success, and Product Engineering teams
- Conduct strategic planning and provide recommendations for long term resources needs including personnel and tools
- Work closely with management staff within Support and Customer Success to promote a unified ‘one ExtraHop’ customer experience and promote high overall CSAT levels
- Ensure support contributes to the development and maintenance of technical documentation via the Knowledge Base to help improve customer experience and team efficiency
- Establish and maintain a highly collaborative working cadence with the Product Engineering teams to prioritize and address product issues, customer change requests, and feedback.
- Mentor support team personnel on technical and communication techniques and ensure the team has sufficient training and standards around customer handling and communications
- Develop, analyze and provide recommendations for continued support engagement improvements using methods such as case surveys, direct customer interactions, and case data to optimize support access and features
- Evangelize Support mission and key performance to drive internal and external confidence in the team
- Serve as a product expert in ExtraHop applications and technology
- Comfortable working technically & hands-on with product support issues related to enterprise IT
- Excellent communicator & bridge building with customers and internal teams
- Expert in diverse support case management processes operating on a global scale
- Experience deploying and managing multiple modes of customer communications (email, web, phone, and chat) and is able to correctly understand which modes of communication best promote a positive customer experience and team efficiency
- 5+ years working, hands-on, with enterprise IT, either in application, network, or security operations; network or application system architecture or large scale application development and maintenance.
- 5+ years global enterprise support leadership experience including capabilities within the EMEA and APAC regions
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to the cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s career-launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018 and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?