Emergency Department Tech - Redmond (.6 FTE)
$19.29 hr - $28.87 hr DOE
Provides basic clinical support duties as delegated by Emergency Department Physician and under direct supervision of Emergency Department Registered Nurse, and performs clerical functions as they relate to order communication.
- Provides direct patient support, assist with clinical procedures, performs vital signs, venipunctures, and EKG's.
- Provides indirect patient support, room maintenance, stocking, and ordering stock PAR level supplies.
- Provides patient transportation, running errands and communication.
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) time frames. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
- Responsible for the accountabilities associated with this position in support of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- Washington State Nursing Assistant-Certified, Washington State Emergency Medical Technician, National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, OR Washington State Nursing Assistant-Registered, AND
- Certified as a Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist within six months following successful completion of EvergreenHealth ED-specific training component.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire.
- Successful completion of EHMC ED-specific training component within probationary period
DESIRED for the position:
- Emergency Department experience
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.
EvergreenHealth offers a rich benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits, Employer Match Retirement Plan, Employee Discounts and Commuter Benefits including Transit Pass for Commuters.