***Sign-on bonus up to $7,000.00 for experienced Mammography Technician new to EvergreenHealth with one (1) year or more of current experience*** Pro-rated by FTE.
Applies prescribed ionizing radiation in performing radiologic mammography procedures at a technical level, not requiring constant supervision, of technical detail for diagnostic purpose under the prescription of a physician.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Sets, adjusts and controls radiology equipment to apply ionizing radiation for radiologic procedures.
2. Measures and selects proper electronics and technical factors such as kilovolts, milliamperes and exposure time.
3. Consistently produces high quality images and interprets technical quality of images as related to quality assurance standards.
4. Analyzes patient's general body size, physical condition and age to accurately perform radiologic examinations.
5. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
6. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High school graduate/or equivalent
• Graduate of a Radiologic Technology program
• ARRT, advanced certification in Mammography
• WA State licensure – Radiologic Technologist
• Training specific to the operation of mammography equipment
• Must have current BLS Healthcare Provider certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
• 1 year of experience in a radiology setting for staff position
• 3 years of experience/supervision for Lead position
*This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), Local 21.