Lactation RN - Children's Services
$36.37 per hour - $67.08 per hour DOE
EvergreenHealth is an integrated two hospital system headquartered in the vibrant and beautiful Puget Sound area just east of Seattle. Our patient care is recognized by Healthgrades, which named EvergreenHealth one of America's 50 Best Hospital for 2021-2022. EvergreenHealth is also the first Baby Friendly designated hospital in North America! We are seeking an experienced NICU Level III Nurse to join our Children’s Services department.
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
- Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
- Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
- Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
- Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
- Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability.
- Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
- Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare Provider PALS certification by date of hire (RNs working in Pediatrics only)
- NRP certification within 4 weeks of hire
- IBCLC Certification required within 1 year of the date of hire (RNs working in Lactation only)
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Two (2) years of recent Level III NICU RN experience preferred
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to those with an RN license for twenty or more years or current EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1, 2014.
To learn more about our NICU, please click here.
** We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and relocation assistance**
- Excellent Medical, Dental Vision benefits
- Retirement Program
- Free Parking
- Professional development/ Continuing Education
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance program
For more information about EvergreenHealth, please visit the website https://www.evergreenhealth.com/about-evergreenhealth