Unit Tech (CNA)-Hospice Care Center
***Up to $2,625 sign-on bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth***
Who We Are
Awarded Employer of the Year 2022 from the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) EvergreenHealth Hospice focuses on providing the highest quality of life possible for our patients and our publicly reported patient satisfaction outcomes demonstrate our success and leadership in our field as the premier hospice agency.
To learn more and hear from our staff click here: Join EvergreenHealth Hospice & Home Care
Click here to learn more about our Hospice Care Center: https://vimeo.com/499753671
Why Join Our Team? As an employee of EvergreenHealth we believe in helping our staff by:
- Retention-Our employees have been part of our team for an average of 7.71 years—one of the longest average retention rates in the industry.
- Low staff to patient ratios one of the lowest in Washington State.
- Training: Our new staff will feel confident knowing they have learned from experienced preceptors within their area of specialty.
- Providing Professional Development as supported through our Tuition Assistance program and career advancement through leadership pathways.
- Commitment to building an inclusive and diverse workforce: Our staff a deep commitment to providing exceptional care and service for each one of our patients, and one another.
- A Culture of Safety: We are proud to be recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" grade for patient safety, along with our recognition as a Top General Hospital for quality and safety - the only hospital in Washington state.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Unit Tech performs tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, treatment, transportation, and various clerical tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Observes, documents, and reports changes in patient activity and/or symptoms such as vital signs, respiration, discomfort, intake, output, weight, and bleeding.
2.Assists with or prepares patient for transport including moving patient to and from bed to gurney or wheelchair. Transports patients, patient belongings and valuables, blood products, supplies, pharmaceuticals, equipment and specimens to and from various locations.
3.Acknowledges patient inquiries; responds or refers inquiries appropriately. Answers patient call lights; determine nature of problem; respond within scope and/or obtain appropriate resources.
4.Assists RNs and other healthcare providers with wound care and patient procedures as directed.
5.Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
6.Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
7.Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
•High School graduation or equivalent
•Current certification as a Nursing Assistant (NA-C) in the State of Washington.
•Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
•Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge of basic patient care techniques and procedures in the care of the specific age group to which assigned.
DESIRED for the position:
•Recent experience in an acute care facility
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.