Works closely with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that are integrated and compatible with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives. Provides weight loss and bariatric education and support focus.
1. Develops and implement s medical nutrition therapy using established standards of care and practice protocols/guidelines.
2. Screens and conducts nutrition assessments for patients identified at nutritional risk using evidence-based standards.
3. Develops and implements an individualized plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives, nutrition prescription, and self-management training which includes consideration of age-specific needs as well as cultural, religious and ethnic concerns.
4. Provides a therapeutic plan for specialized nutrition support, including enteral and parenteral nutrition.
5. Ensures that care delivered to each patient is in accordance with the state practice act.
6. Evaluates the effectiveness and measures progress towards outcomes of medical nutrition therapy interventions. Reassesses nutrition care
process and implements changes as indicated.
7. Assigns and directs the workload of diet technicians.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
● Must be a Registered Dietitian with current certification as a Dietitian in the State of Washington
● Bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited institution with a major in dietetics, foods and nutrition
● Teaching skills that are easily adapted to fit the needs of the patient(s)
● Ability to engage and motivate patients to adopt new self-management behaviors.
● Assessment skills for developing a patient specific care plan.
⚬ Registered member of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
DESIRED for the position:
- Knowledge and experience in the area of weight loss support
- Bariatric and Weight loss experience