Occupational Therapist Home Health
***Up to $10,000 sign-on bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth****
Territory covered: Seattle
- 40 hours per week
- Day shift
- Work 1 Saturday per quarter
To learn more and hear from our staff click here: Join EvergreenHealth Hospice & Home Care
Who We Are
EvergreenHealth is one of largest, most innovative stand-alone Home Health providers in the nation with a local vision, dedicated to serving patients and families in the Pacific Northwest since 1992. From Everett to South Seattle and beyond, our compassionate, skilled providers have the opportunity to provide care in their own community.
As an interdisciplinary team we work together to enrich the health and wellbeing of every life we touch. Our care teams are composed of the following:
- Nurses (RN & LPN)
- Certified Would Care Specialists
- Psychiatric Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Social Workers
- Certified Nursing Assistants (Home Health Aides)
Why Join Our Team? As an employee of EvergreenHealth we believe in helping our staff by
- Innovative Technologies. Our teams are excited to utilize Epic as a tool that will help to streamline and optimize our clinical, administrative, and revenue cycle workflows.
- Creating a flexible and customized career by offering flexible schedules
- Offering work/life balance providing a variety of territories to work/serve. We do our best to keep you in the territory that is the closest to your home or desired community.
- Training: Our new staff will feel confident knowing they have learned from experienced preceptors within their area of specialty.
- Providing Professional Development as supported through our Tuition Assistance program, paid CEU’s, in addition to career advancement through leadership pathways.
- Low staff to patient ratios ensuring staff feel safe and that we are providing the best possible clinical care and outcomes for our patients and their families.
- Commitment to building an inclusive and diverse workforce: Our staff share a deep commitment to providing exceptional care and service for each one of our patients, and one another.
- Providing a culture of safety: We are proud to be recognized by The Leapfrog Groupwith an "A" grade for patient safety, along with our recognition as a Top General Hospital for quality and safety - the only hospital in Washington state.
Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and providing skilled care to patients requiring occupational therapy services to patients in the home, in conjunction with the patient, family and the interdisciplinary team, as ordered by the physician. The OT will be responsible for clinical outcomes as well as industry benchmarks.
1. Provide, coordinate and oversee skilled intermittent care to patients and include instruction and education of patients and/or caregivers to promote maximal functional status, in the patient’s home.
2. Regularly evaluates and re-evaluates patient status.
3. Initiates, develops, implements and revises the patient’s plan of care (POC).
4. Addresses all problems identified in the POC.
5. Provides educational information to the patient/family/caregiver concerning knowledge deficits or needs regarding the patient’s condition.
6. Communicates with other disciplines involved in the case as warranted.
7. Reports signs/symptoms signaling a change in patient condition to the patient’s physician and case manager as needed.
8. Reassesses the patient within 48 hours following a change in patient condition or discharge from a 24-hour or longer hospital stay, or as ordered by the physician.
Qualifications and Requirements
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
•Current OT licensure to practice Occupational Therapy in Washington State
•Recent applicable clinical experience in a medical/ surgical unit, rehab, or home health setting.
•Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
•Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
•Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy