Sr. VoIP Administrator
EvergreenHealth IT - Infrastructure believes that our engineers make a significant contribution to our success. We believe in working together to enrich the health and well-being of every life we touch every day. Currently we are a year into our 3 year Network, Systems and VoIP refresh (lots more to do), come join us and use your VoIP Engineering, projects skills and knowledge to growth our community hospital.
We are currently on the hunt for a Sr. VoIP Administrator, who has successful Network engineering track record with experience working with Cisco Unified Communications including Call Manager, Unified Contact Center Express, Unity Connections, and IM&P.
This role is a senior technical resource that is instrumental in the technical architecture design planning, acquisition, implementation and daily administration of all organizational communications systems. This position works closely in a team environment with both our VoIP and Network teams to ensure our communications systems are highly available and effective to meet organizational strategic plans.
- Designs, implements, and manages all technical aspects, including hardware and software, of the enterprise Cisco Unified Communications platform as well as all other required communications systems.
- Strategically evaluates, plans and develops the organization’s communications systems in order to provide efficient and effective Telecom services based on organizational short-, mid-, and long-term strategic plans.
- Collaborates closely with the network team and performs hands on technical work as it pertains to Telecom/VoIP infrastructure and applications to ensure the best configuration.
- Responsible for high availability and reliability of all Telecom systems.
- Understands, manages, and documents network/VoIP and server architecture for designated systems.
- Develops and enforces Telecom standards including life cycle management, policies, and procedures to guarantee the security and integrity of the systems.
- Responsible for production support in terms of administering, monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, and providing advance infrastructure support for the Telecom/VoIP systems.
- Manages and leads large and small projects including planning, vendor comparison, cost analysis, and resource allocation.
- Works closely with key project stakeholders to ensure scope completeness and provide updates.
- Develops and audits for effective customer service level agreements, end user training guidelines and support.
- Provides leadership in a team environment including corresponding with organizational leadership and showing initiative and resourcefulness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or related, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Five years of experience with call center (ACD) methodologies, call flow, queues, and scripts
- Three years related experience in legacy telephony systems (PBX, Call Center, Unified Messaging, Auto-Attendant, and Interactive Voice Response), hardware/software, VoIP, voice engineering and designing/planning/implementing voice systems
- Three years of leadership experience in a technical team environment
- Direct experience working with Cisco Unified Communications including Call Manager, Unified Contact Center Express, Unity Connections, and IM&P.
- Experience managing customer relationships, supporting customer facing applications and internal user requirements
- Experience with project managing and designing customer solutions based on user requirements
- Experience working with service level agreements, vendor contracts and vendor relationships
- Proficient with VoIP system protocols including QOS
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS commands, software upgrades and basic network switching and routing
- Cisco certifications including CCENT, CCNA Voice or Collaboration
DESIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science
- Cisco certification in CCIE Collaboration
- Experience in the healthcare field with high transaction, complex, mission-critical environment