Medical Assistant - Wound Care (40 hrs/wk)
Responsible for assisting providers in delivering quality patient care by providing patient, clerical and administrative support to department staff. The Medical Assistant has responsibility for care of patients in Wound Care Center. Practice within established standards of care, hospital and department policies, procedures, and guidelines. Fulfills all of the essential job functions, responsibilities and accountabilities as described in the Medical Assistants job description
1. Greets and prepares patient for exams.
2. Obtains and records patient history and vital signs.
3. Assists provider with exams, procedures and diagnostic testing according to Washington State regulations.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent or applicable coursework to be applied to obtain required WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
- Current WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
- Current national certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Proficient with medical terminology
DESIRED for the position:
1 year of related work experience
*This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the SEIU which contains a "union security" provision. Union membership is optional.