Diet Clerk/Server (per diem)
One free meal per shift in our Cafeteria!
$17.37 hr. - $26.00 hr. DOE
Responsible for performing office tasks that ensure accurate and efficient diet order taking of prescribed food to the patient.
- Receives and processes patient information and implements Dietician's instructions to ensure nutritional care of all patients; receives and processes diet orders/food requests; maintains accurate patient records and diet ordering information.
- Takes meal orders from patients in person and over the telephone, using standardized terminology; answers menu/recipe questions and offers alternatives for the patient within diet order.
- Operates electronic Point of Service (POS) system and hospital software applications that ensure prompt and accurate meal ordering. Follows up with kitchen and clinical staff as necessary to ensure prompt and accurate delivery.
- Retrieves meals from the kitchen; delivers trays to the patient, retrieves the tray after the patient is finish eating, and rounds with the patient to ensure their experience was satisfactory.
- Coordinates with nursing for medication before eating or delivering a tray.
- Expedites missing trays as soon as possible to ensure prompt service recovery when the items are missed.
- Monitors intakes and documents intakes; reports intake levels to dietician and nursing.
- Takes orders for visitors in the room, charges correctly, delivers and retrieves trays.
- Retrieves all equipment, smallwares and trays from assigned floors and brings it back to the dishroom to be washed and sanitized correctly. Cleans mobile cart at the end of every meal.
- Types and prints out tube feeding between meal nourishments labels for proper patient identification.
- Monitors and enters items sent after stocking nourishment centers & supplement tallies on assigned floors into the computer for accurate accounting of items sent.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A valid Washington State "Food and Beverage Workers" Permit
- ServSafe or Certified Professional Food Manager (NEHA-National Environmental Health Association) certification or ability to obtain within 180 days of hire date
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Recent customer service experience required in a food/dietary service setting preferred.
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and practices
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, and numbering sequencing
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.
short order cook, prep cook, restaurant, food service, room service, fine dining, pantry, deli, sandwich counter, catering, production, culinary