RN - ESC PACU (35 hrs/wk, D/E)
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced PACU RN to join the well- established and dynamic EvergreenHealth Surgical Center (ESC) PACU team
EvergreenHealth is offering RN’s Sign-On Bonuses
Receive up to a $15,000 Sign-on Bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth with two or more years of current PACU Nursing experience and 2-year employment commitment. Amount pro-rated by FTE.
*** Consideration for relocation assistance on an individual basis****
Job Summary: Responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of all patients within the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Performs pre-operative nursing assessments by telephone
- Acts as Admitting Nurse pre-operatively
- Admits patient from the Operating Room and receives the report from the anesthesia personnel, assesses and plans for the recovery of patients from surgery.
- Initiates any necessary treatment for the full recovery of the patient and administers and records any necessary medication
- Assesses condition of patient and transfers patient to secondary room when patient meets standards for transfer according to Evergreen Surgical Center (ESC) policies and procedures
- Supervises Recovery Room Assistant when caring for the patient in Secondary Recovery Room
- Performs discharge procedure according to ESC policies and procedures
- Performs morning and evening narcotic counts following ESC policies and procedures
- Admits cataract patients to recovery room pre-operatively and prepares them for their local block and I.V start. Assists the surgeon with the local block. Monitors the patient until he/she goes to the Operating Room
- Communicates all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor effectively, in a timely way
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Minimum of one year experience within the last 3 years of care delivery in a monitored care area: PACU, ICU, ED or telemetry
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current American Heart Association ACLS by date of hire
- Completion of unit competencies for peri-anesthesia care within probationary period or first 2 months if an employee transfer
- Proficiency in airway management/adjuncts
- Proficiency with IV skills and techniques
- Ability to identify EKG rhythms and related necessary interventions
- Understanding of Pain Management and related-pharmacology
- Understanding of Cardiac and emergency medication pharmacology
- PALS or ENPC within 6 months of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- CPAN, CAPA
** We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and relocation assistance **
- Excellent Medical, Dental Vision benefits and Retirement Program
- Free Parking
- Professional development/ Continuing Education/ Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance program
For more information about EvergreenHealth, please click here.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin in a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to those with an RN license for twenty or more years or current EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1, 2014.