Physical Therapist Outpatient Rehab
Responsible for providing assessment and treatment programs designed to return patients to their optimum functional level, in coordination with other team members.
- Performs individualized evaluation and ongoing assessment related to the patient’s condition, addressing special needs and behaviors. This will include, but is not limited to, assessment of range of motion, strength, mobility, coordination, transfers, gait and other activities of daily living.
- Develops treatment goals, in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team, that are time specific and result in discharge of the patient to his home environment attaining the highest level of function possible.
- Develops the treatment plan and revises as necessary from the goals set by the interdisciplinary team in coordination with the physician, the patient and the family.
- Assumes responsibility for instruction and supervision of Therapy Aides in patient care activities as appropriate within hospital policies and procedures and medical regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position: Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the State of Washington Baccalaureate, Master’s Degree, or certificate in Physical Therapy Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire Knowledge and training in the special needs of patients from young adult to geriatric ages and is responsible for the needs associated with these groups. NICU only - NICU experience or 2 years of Pediatric experience
DESIRED for the position: 2 years of experience in acute care and/or rehabilitative center Member of a professional organization Certification in area of specialty NICU only - 1 year of professional experience in a NICU, including evaluating and treating neonates/infants across the full spectrum of physical, communicative and cognitive development, PALS certification