Manager - Provider Compensation & Finance Operations
EvergreenHealth is looking for a Manager of Provider Compensation & Finance Operations working full-time in our Medical Group - Administration department located in Kirkland, Washington.
Responsible for the development, analysis and implementation of provider compensation plans in support of EvergreenHealth Medical Group (EHMG) employed providers and EvergreenHealth (EH) contracted providers. Works closely with executive leaders, leading strategic compensation plan design and implementation of new programs and best practices. Develops, reviews, documents and implements standard policies, procedures and processes across the health system. Provides training, communication support and consultative services regarding best practices and market competitive data. Reviews and approves all provider compensation for new hires and contracted providers to ensure compliance with EvergreenHealth Fair Market Value (FMV) guidelines and current Stark and Commercial Reasonableness regulations. Oversees other financial and operational analytics as requested and manages team of analysts.
- Manages the provider compensation process at EvergreenHealth, including developing, implementing and maintaining all provider compensation plans, policies, and related documents.
- Manages team of analysts that perform provider compensation and other financial operations analytics, ensuring that analytics and deliverables are accurate and meet the needs of stakeholders
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding Stark, IRS Anti-kickback, and Anti-trust as it relates to public hospital district
- Develops and implements provider compensation tools and processes to support leaders and managers regarding compensation in their divisions/departments. Manages education and tools for all providers in understanding their compensation.
- Leads Provider Compensation plan redesign in support of medical group or health system as needed.
- Reviews and approves all provider compensation for new hires and contracted providers to ensure compliance with EvergreenHealth FMV guidelines.
- Oversees the quarterly production provider compensation reconciliation and annual compensation benchmark updates.
- Manages oversight of provider compensation agreements, including tracking upcoming provider pay adjustments (increases, true-ups, bonuses, stipends, etc.) and notifying manager of need for ePAR completion.
- Manages provider ePAR approval and validation process, ensuring that documentation supports requested transactions and that requested transactions are in alignment with provider contracts.
- Manages participation in and maintenance of provider compensation and production surveys.
- Manages the modeling of future provider compensation plans and actively reviews market surveys, current and emerging trends, on an ongoing basis to ensure market competitiveness of the provider compensation program with a focus on product and service development.
- Functions as designated resource to provide relevant market data and recommendations for provider compensation agreements to drive toward true standardization of contract language as well as philosophy of financial terms.
- Manages the analytical support to EH and EHMG Provider Compensation Committees and works with outside consulting groups as needed. Responsible for ensuring approved committee changes are communicated to downstream systems and departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5 years of progressively responsible work experience analyzing, modeling, and evaluating physician compensation programs through the use of Excel and other computerized analytical tools. Experience conducting compensation analysis and benchmark comparisons using national and regional compensation surveys
- 3 years of experience in a large, complex medical group practice
- 3 years of supervisory or management experience, including leading and managing a physician compensation group either exclusively or as part of another management position
- Current knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to human resources compensation
- Experience working with external fair market value appraisals and communicating with attorneys, risk and compliance representatives and providers regarding compensation areas of risk
- Consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, discretion, and behaviors necessary to provide superior service to physicians, providers, team members and leadership
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree