Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
***Up to $3,500 sign-on bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth***
To learn more and hear from our staff click here: Join EvergreenHealth Hospice & Home Care
Who We Are
Awarded Employer of the Year 2022 from the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) EvergreenHealth Hospice is proud to provide the highest quality of life possible for our patients. Collaboration is key to the best possible patient experience and our interdisciplinary teams are adept at balancing symptom management and all the varied needs of a family anticipating the loss of a loved one.
A core element of EvergreenHealth Hospice is our goal of continuous improvement in clinical quality, and we actively encourage staff participation in process improvement projects and, most importantly, allow our staff the time to provide exceptional care for our patients.
As an interdisciplinary team we work together to enrich the health and wellbeing of every life we touch. Our care teams are composed of the following:
- Physicians-The patient’s Attending Physician continues to provide oversight of care and Hospice Physicians consult with hospice staff and the attending physician.
- Nurses (RN or LPN)
- Social Workers
- Certified Nursing Assistants (Home Health Aides)
- Spiritual Care (Chaplains)
- Trained Volunteers- offer companionship for patients and respite for families
Why Join Our Team? As an employee of EvergreenHealth we believe in helping our staff by:
- Creating a flexible and customized career by offering flexible schedules and territories. We offer part time and full time schedules coupled with a variety of territories to work/serve. We do our best to keep you in the territory that is the closest to your home or desired community
- Retention- Our employees have been part of our team for an average of 7.71 years—one of the longest average retention rates in the industry.
- Low staff to patient ratios one of the lowest in Washington State.
- Training: Our new staff will feel confident knowing they have learned from experienced preceptors within their area of specialty.
- Providing Professional Development as supported through our Tuition Assistance program, paid CEU’s, in addition to career advancement through leadership pathways.
- Commitment to building an inclusive and diverse workforce: Our staff a deep commitment to providing exceptional care and service for each one of our patients, and one another.
- A Culture of Safety: We are proud to be recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" grade for patient safety, along with our recognition as a Top General Hospital for quality and safety - the only hospital in Washington state.
Provide care services and administer specific nursing procedures, supportive therapy services and emotional support to patients, caregivers and family. The primary nurse or therapist on a case provides the direct supervision of the patient care provided by the HHA. Home health aide services are provided according to the home health or hospice plan of care, according to department policy and scope of practice guidelines as set by applicable regulations or state law.
Essential Job Functions:
- Aide performs personal care services, provides assistance with routine household tasks, and respite or companion visits for patients and their families.
2. Assists patients with activities of daily living, i.e., bathing, dressing, feeding, transfers, toileting and ambulation as directed on home health aide plan of care.
3. Observes, assesses and reports changes in patients within scope of practice.
4. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
5. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Certified as a Nursing Assistant
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Home care experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant
• Experience in a supervised health care setting, such as a hospital or nursing home.
• Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Reliable transportation or other transportation arrangements upon the approval of the Supervisor.
DESIRED for the position:
• Dexterity to perform routinely required patient procedures and use of equipment required for those procedures as appropriate to discipline