RN - Pediatrics .9 FTE Nights
Wage Range: $37.74 - $69.60 / hour
**Sign-on Bonus up to $20,000 for those new to EvergreenHealth**
As an EvergreenHealth Pediatric Nurse you would work in a growing pediatric floor with a diverse population that range in age from newborn to 18 years old. Infants who have reached Level II NICU status and have a stable respiratory status frequently transfer to this unit for the last days to weeks of their stay. This includes time maturing neurologically and developmentally to a point where they are ready to maintain and grow without additional close medical attention. In addition, our unit receives both medical and surgical pediatric patients with varying conditions including: respiratory, infections, feeding problems, hyperbilirubinemia, Diabetes and general surgery. We have a single-room family-centered focus to our nursing care. Our nurses work closely with our neonatologists, pediatric hospitalists and local physicians.
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
9. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Current Pediatric nursing experience strongly preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare Provider PALS certification by date of hire
- NRP certification within 4 weeks of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the WSNA which contains a "union security" provision. Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to those with an RN license for twenty or more years or current EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1, 2014.