Wage Range: $29.64 – 47.68 per hour
Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.
Who We Are
Awarded Employer of the Year 2022 from the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) EvergreenHealth Hospice is proud to provide the highest quality of life possible for our patients. Collaboration is key to the best possible patient experience and our interdisciplinary teams are adept at balancing symptom management and all the varied needs of a family anticipating the loss of a loved one. To learn more and hear from our staff click here: Join EvergreenHealth Hospice & Home Care
As an interdisciplinary team we work together to enrich the health and wellbeing of every life we touch. Our care teams are composed of the following:
- Physicians-The patient’s Attending Physician continues to provide oversight of care and Hospice Physicians consult with hospice staff and the attending physician.
- Nurses (RN or LPN)
- Social Workers
- Certified Nursing Assistants (Home Health Aides)
- Spiritual Care (Chaplains)
- Trained Volunteers- offer companionship for patients and respite for families
Responsible as a core member of the interdisciplinary team to provide and/or oversee the spiritual care services delivered to hospice patients, families and staff. Responsible for coordinating the provision of pastoral care services, during work hours with on-call availability expected after-hours.
- Provides direct spiritual care to EvergreenHealth Hospice patients, families and staff in the home setting, adult family homes, assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities.
- Processes spiritual assessments and referrals for assignment of professional staff, clergy, and volunteers as requested according to need and level of expertise required.
- Serves as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team involved in patient care planning.
- Facilitates patients and families access to spiritual care as requested and desired.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
Graduate of a school of Theology, M.Div or related Master's degree or equivalent A minimum of 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Member of a nationally accredited association of spiritual care. Demonstrated ability to serve spiritual care needs of people without regard to religious affiliation or beliefs Demonstrated knowledge and well developed skills in:
- Counseling and pastoral care
- Adherence to professional ethics regarding spiritual care within an environment of religious plurality
- Demonstrated knowledge and training necessary to care for the specific age group under his/her care
- Current Washington State Driver’s License and proof of insurability
DESIRED for the position:
Board certified by a nationally accredited association of spiritual care or will be certified within 2 years of hire Clinical experience working with diverse spiritual beliefs Willing to work Saturday and/or Sunday as part of regular work week Ordained, commissioned or endorsed in an established faith tradition or eligible to be so within 3 months.
Choices that care for you and your family
At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees’ commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial well-being.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- On-demand virtual health care
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (457(b) and 401(a) with employer contribution)
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Voluntary legal insurance
- Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
- Free parking
- Commuter benefits
View a summary of our total rewards available to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link below.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.