Health Unit Coordinator / CNA - Nursing Resources (.9 FTE)
***Up to $3,000.00 sign on bonus for experienced CNAs with a minimum of one year experience and new employee of EvergreenHealth***
***Up to $1,500.00 sign on bonus for CNAs with less than one year experience and new employee of EvergreenHealth***
$18.89 hr - $28.23 hr DOE
Responsible for clerical and reception functions on assigned units which includes close coordination with unit staff, patients and family members, other healthcare professionals and departments.
- Performs patient care duties in compliance with EvergreenHealth’s policy, protocol and procedures and within the scope of a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant).
- Acts as unit resource and provide customer service to patients, families, healthcare professionals and all staff.
- Assists in transporting patients within the hospital as back-up support to the Transport Team.
- Performs various data collection and delivery involving lab specimens.
- Facilitates communications on the unit and between the unit, ancillary departments and healthcare providers.
- Assists in care activities at the direction of the MD/RN.
- Ensures coverage of telephones and intercoms at all times.
- Maintains patient records and unit census records on a daily basis.
- Processes physician orders from the patient chart, according to policy.
- Coordinates admissions, transfers and discharges to the Charge Nurse and appropriate departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license in Washington state upon hire.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire.
- Must possess oral and written skills to efficiently communicate and process information regarding patients.
DESIRED for the position:
- 1 year of related experience in a similar setting
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.
EvergreenHealth offers a rich benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits, Employer Match Retirement Plan, Employee Discounts and Commuter Benefits including Transit Pass for Commuters.