Professional Development Specialist - Emergency Department ER
EvergreenHealth in beautiful Kirkland, Washington is seeking an experienced Professional Development Specialist for the well- established Education Department Team
Job Summary: The Nursing Professional Development Specialist (PDS) applies technological and information management skills in all aspects of their practice. Functions as learning facilitators, change agents, mentors, leaders, champions for Scientific Inquiry, advocates for the Nursing Professional Development Specialty and partners for practice transitions. Supports licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel in onboarding, orientation, ongoing competency, and role development. Utilizes evidence-based practice to standardize care, align policies and procedures, set the standard for patient care. Carries out all responsibilities in alignment with the current Nursing Professional Development Scope and Standards of Practice. Designs and analyzes tools, theories, skills, and knowledge within the specialty to improve the healthcare practice of learners.
- Facilitates learning in educational activities in accordance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Acts as a change agent for planned and unplanned implementations practice, standards, equipment, and workflow.
- Serves as a mentor within and outside the organizations, formal and/or informal in their area of specialty.
- Leads by identifying learning gaps, designing, implementing, and managing programs to address learning needs, and evaluating learner’s performance and activities.
- Acts as a role model, develops trusting relationships with staff and stakeholders, and functions as a resource in their identified specialty.
- Advocates for and guides stakeholders through the scientific inquiry process, emphasizing the need for EBP as a form of clinical excellence; connecting organizational staff and leadership to subject matter experts to advance the science of nursing.
- Organizes, implements, and evaluates programs that develop staff from student through expert, supporting the organization’s goals and objectives and addressing regulatory standards.
- Supports quality assessment and improvement initiatives and processes utilizing evidence-based practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- 3 years of recent professional RN experience with a minimum of 2 years in Emergency Room Nursing or an Urgent Medicine Arena.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in teaching adult learners in a clinical setting or similar experience.
- Experience in presentation/training of clinical skills, new technology, equipment, patient care, and standards of care or similar experience.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS Provider and ACLS Provider certification by date of hire
- Current TNCC and ENPC by date of hire.
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development or certification in nursing specialty.
DESIRED for the position:
- Prior experience as an educator and relevant clinical experience in Emergency Room Nursing.
- Experience with Learning Management System and creating web-based training.
** We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and relocation assistance**
- Excellent Medical, Dental Vision benefits and Retirement Program
- Free Parking
- Professional development/ Continuing Education/ Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance program
For more information about EvergreenHealth, please visit the website